Wednesday, March 18, 2009

School Program

Dallas did a great job at his musical presentation last night. His homemade triangle that Grandpa Stone helped him make was the best one there. You could hear it loud and clear when Dallas hit it (which wasn't very often). The program was all about preventing forest fires and taking care of nature. It was fun to see Dallas in that setting. He doesn't get into the singing too much yet, but give him time, I was the same way when I was young and now I get up on stage and sing my lungs out all the time.
I have been doing good with my training. I ran pretty easy last night and this morning because my achilles have both been pretty tender the last couple of days. I don't know why my achilles always trouble me lately. They gave me some trouble last year when I was doing high mileage weeks (80+), but I am surprised they are acting up at under 50 miles per week! The weather is still terrible. Nothing but grey clouds and rain for the last week. Oh well, I guess this is the Pacific Northwest.

5 comments:

  1. Mike, good job on your dedication to your training schedule. I sure hope you can ease back a little on your faster training pace of 6:00 min. per mile, and that will give your injury time to heal itself.
    We sure enjoyed Dallas' performance last night at school. I think the school could have used the stage more, instead of having the children perform their dance numbers down on the main floor where it could not be seen, except for those of the first few rows. I'm sure that Dallas will come out of his shyness shell in a few years. I certainly hope he won't be like his grandpa Stone, and remain in it for his lifetime. Dallas had lots of family support last night, so perhaps that will make him realize he is much loved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad everyone had a fun night. sure hope your achilles gets better. that is how you get injured though putting in a lot of miles. pretend like i have to tell you that :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I wish they would have let the kids play their instruments more. It was fun to see Dallas' big smiles when he looked out and spotted his family a few times.
    Good job on the training. Hopefully you can stay injury free for the track meets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is nice and sunny here today. I hope it stays that way throughout the day. You might have to cut back a little on your training because we can't have you injured for track season. :-) tell Dallas good job on his musical program.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Better listen to the Coach Mike. =)

    ReplyDelete