Monday, March 23, 2009

Ayawahiaway!

I got up this morning at 4:45 and drove to Mom, Dad, and Tam's to go for a swim.  I swam 60 lengths or 1/2 mile.  It sure was fun to swim again.  I really like swimming.  I got to a point where I could easily swim a mile non stop about a year ago, but certainly couldn't do it now.  My achilles have not let up, so I figure I should swim for one of my workouts during the day to ease the stress on them.  I will probably start going 6-8 miles for my run now because I'm only running once a day.  I have learned over the years that if your body starts getting little tweaks of pain, you had better listen or the little tweaks become serious injuries that scrap all you have worked for.
In other news, I had a gig up in Everett Saturday night.  It went pretty good considering Greg (rhythm guitarist) was out of town and Dave (the guy I replaced ) filled in for him.  There were only a few little glitches in the show.  It was for some private school (the kids all looked to be middle school age), and let me tell you those people were not hurting for money.  They had an auction for things like getaways, trips, dinners with celebrities, etc., and I got to hear some of the bids which ranged from $500.00 - $15,000.00 with the average winning bid probably around 3k.  Ridiculous.  We only had to play for about an hour because the auction went long.  They loved us as always.  I don't really know why.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, good job on going swimming this morning. That sounds like a very expensive auction. If only you could get that much out of the units you auction off. ha-ha! Glad they liked the band. I was laughing when you said, "I don't really know why." =) Funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job early bird. Looks like the local runners could be in trouble if you stay away from injuries. Good job with the band as well. I guess they just know a good band when they hear one, that is why they liked your performance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess I snoozed right through your visit here today Michael. That is good that you were able to go swimming. Hopefully your Achilles will heal soon. I'm with you, I don't know why anybody would want to listen to 80s cover songs. I didn't even like them in the 80s!

    ReplyDelete
  4. good job on swimming this morning! that is smart to keep you from getting injured. i like 80's music! i love your band mr. miyagi! it is fun!

    ReplyDelete