Saturday, March 14, 2009

Saturday Morning

Got up and drove the motorcycle over to the Eagles Lounge to meet Dad at 7:30 this morning.  It was a rainy drive, but not too bad.  Ran a nice and easy 8 miler while Dad rode his bike.  I forgot to stop my watch when I finished, but I think it was right around one hour.  Then I hopped on the bike and it started up after a few kicks.  I guess I didn't let it warm up enough because it sputtered and died on me at the stop sign at Los Pinos.  I walked it to the corner and it kicked over.  I was a little worried because I couldn't get much compression that time, but it started.  Then I drove home in the rain.  I had a nice warm shower and Derrinda made pancakes for breakfast.  It was a good morning.  I got in 48 miles this week, that's a good start for getting back into shape.  
Dallas must really want to try boxing.  Last night at the mall we were looking at this set of boxing gloves that comes with an adult pair and a kids pair, he really wanted them, but I reminded him that I just bought him a brand new pair of running shoes because he just HAD to be a runner, and that he only ran a few times and then gave up.  I told him that boxers run a lot to stay in shape and that if he started running again consistently I would think about buying the gloves so he can start boxing.  Needless to say he is on the treadmill running right now.  He has already gone almost 2 miles and is still going strong.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you and Dad had fun on the trail together again. That's funny about Dallas. I always think of boxing when I'm on the treadmill for some reason.

    ReplyDelete