Friday, March 6, 2009

My Guitar Heroes part III

Slash has been the most influential guitarist to me of any guitarist.  I call Slash my guitar teacher even though I have never met him.  I took guitar lessons for about 6 months or so; I basically just learned open chords and basic technique.  Then I started listening to Guns 'N Roses and started dissecting Slash's guitar solos.  The style that I have developed is for the most part greatest influenced by Slash.  Slash is also arguably the greatest guitarist ever, but that is a moot point as I said earlier.  What I really like about Slash is his sense of melody for the lines he chooses for his solos.  He can shred too, but his sound is more melodic than most guitarists who consider themselves shredders.  Here is my favorite Slash solo ever:


2 comments:

  1. I'm watching for Juliet's comment on this one. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. here it is lisa :) well, i have to say that slash is an awesome guitar player and no doubt you have gotten some of your guitar playing influenced by slash. he is awesome and i love when he plays november rain and sweet child o mine. G'N'R baby!!!

    ReplyDelete