Saturday, March 21, 2009

Saturday Morning

I met Dad at the Eagles Lounge in Orting and we went 8 miles on the trail.  It was right around an hour.  Then we jetted over to Ptarmigan Ridge School to watch the kids run a 1 mile race.  They all did great.  I ran with Richie and Dallas while Chanelle stayed with us for a few minutes and then she ran on her own.  Mercedes ran with Cody.  Richie finished 3rd I think.  And Dallas finished 5th.  Richie ran an 8:50 and Dallas an 8:54.  I think Chanelle was around 11 minutes and Mercedes and Cody were right around 12 minutes.  They all did awesome for not really running at all and just jumping in the race.  The 5k was won in 16:4?.  That makes me fired up to get in shape so that I can start winning races around here.  Lisa said she knew the guy who won it because he is in the Puyallup ward and she saw him at some of my races.  She said I always beat him.  I didn't know who he was but he looked somewhat familiar.  I have to drive up to Everett today for a gig.  I'm going to have to leave here around 2:30.  It sucks because we don't even play until 8, but have to be completely set up by 5.  

2 comments:

  1. The race was fun. Good luck with the gig tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah Mike, you also raced that guy during the all-comers meets at Sparks.

    ReplyDelete