Tuesday, March 24, 2009

My Guitar Heroes Part VI

I can't say that Randy Rhoads was a huge influence on me, but every time I hear him play I am blown away by his technical skill and ability. A lot of people said that when he died, Eddie Van Halen failed to improve much because they were pushing the limits of rock guitar together and were in a league of their own, and Eddie no longer had the motivation (competition) when Randy died. I don't really agree with this though, and there were many upcoming guitarists with lots of skill, but Eddie and Randy were masters of melodic finger tapping. I chose this clip because you can see Randy's guitar work during the solo. It is also my favorite riff of his, and hence my favorite Ozzy Osbourne song. Listen and watch closely around the 3 minute mark to Ozzy for an added bonus. Randy died tragically in a plane crash at the age of 25. Here is the clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67ER3SsLQY8

3 comments:

  1. I have no idea who Randy is. I can't watch the clip because of dragon. Well I could watch it but I couldn't hear anything so what's the point?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew you wouldn't know Randy Rhoads. It's that dang DEVIL MUSIC!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please see "Tuesday Night", for my comments on Randy Rhoads.

    ReplyDelete