Thursday, March 26, 2009

An Adventurous Thursday Morning

It's only 11 a.m. and so much has already happened.  I got up this morning to go swim and I heard the T.V. on in the living room, so I go out there and Dallas was already awake.  He said "Hey Dad can I go with you?"  I said "Of course you can, go get ready."  So we had a fun morning.  We drove out there and I did the usual 1/2 mile swim; Dallas swam a lot too.  He is already a good little swimmer.  Dad was out there too so we had 3 generations of Stone athletes getting their workouts in at 5 am.  It was fun having Dallas there.  We had a good drive home, but Dallas fell asleep about half way.  We also were able to eat breakfast at Grandpa's house because Dallas said he was "Starving!" after we finished swimming.  
I walked Dallas over to school after I myself fell asleep on the couch for almost an hour after we got back.  We then opened up the business and I went and did the overlocks, moved a refrigerator into a unit we are auctioning, and had a super fun time drilling out Rick Hiller's sweet disc lock that he put on his unit and didn't take with him when he moved out.  I broke a drill bit doing that and it took me almost an hour to finally get through that lock.  Bolt cutters would have probably been easier.  Anyway, another reason it took so long is half way through the job, I hear Cody screaming "AAAAAAAAAHHH ... DAD, DAD, DAD, DAD".  It sounded as if the grim reaper certainly had him in his grasp.  I dropped the drill and sprinted to the end of Bldg. C where I found Cody holding his forehead with both hands and screaming like a banshee.  He had been riding the electric Razor scooter around the buildings and somehow managed to get bucked off and do a face plant right in the middle of the road.  He was not wearing a bike helmet like he was supposed to.  We got him cleaned up and iced his head for about 25 minutes.  He seems to be doing fine, but has quite the goose egg on his forehead.  So that has been my day so far today.  I can only imagine the adventures that await after lunch!!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun, eventful morning. It sounds like Cody learned a hard lesson about wearing bike helmets. That is cool that Dallas was able to come swimming this morning with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, quite the morning! I know Dallas will carry those memories with him throughout his life. Those are the moments that make childhood fun. Hopefully he didn't fall asleep in school today. =)
    I had to smile as you were describing the drill out on Rick Hiller's unit. Good times.
    That's too bad about Cody. Hope he gets feeling better soon. Sounds like it was a painful experience!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes!!!! Hope Cody is doing fine. Those "Hamptons" are always getting into some kind of pickle. It was fun having Dallas in the pool this morning. He was showing grandpa all kinds of exotic moves in the water. He was twisting, tumbling, and other moves I didn't know the human body could manuever. Good job Mike on sticking to your training program. It reminds me of the old days when we were out the door at 4:45 A.M. putting in 10 milers while the city was sleeping.

    ReplyDelete