Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Puyallup School District Sucks!

This stupid school has scheduled things and cancelled them without telling anybody one too many times. Dallas was supposed to have a musical concert this morning for parents, grandparents, friends, blah, blah to come and see their young budding musical talent. Well, I knew that people were planning on coming to see it and Dallas couldn't find the flyer that said what time the morning performance was at. So Derrinda called the school to ask what time the performance was scheduled for and she was told that "that was cancelled this morning." Nice of them to let everybody know. If we hadn't called, my parents and Tam would've shown up at 10:30 (that's when we thought it was but we wanted to make sure) and been told it was cancelled after getting up early to get Tam ready and driving 1/2 hour to get there. I'm sick of this stupid school district. I always heard how awesome the Puyallup Schools were supposed to be, but my experience has shown me quite the contrary. I always hated the public school system when I was a kid and I still do. It's a waste of time and resources. And then when Dallas missed one day for illness, they sent us a fierce note home with him saying how being absent is a terrible thing and it really disrupts the learning process. Well so does cancelling school when there are rumors that there might be a trace of snow you freaking weenies!! Good, I feel a little better now after my rant.
In other news my running is going good. I have still been putting in about 8 miles a day. Last night I met Dad at the Eagles lounge and we went 4 miles. It was perfect timing because it rained all day yesterday except for the 1/2 hour window when we were on the trail. I just wish it would've waited another 1/2 hour because it was a very wet and miserable ride home on the motorcycle. It was half hail and half rain which was extra fun because I have dirt bike helmets with goggles instead of full face shields, so I got the awesome sensation of having someone shoot bb's at my face and neck for the duration of the ride. Good times.

1 comment:

  1. When we first moved to Washington a lady in our ward home schooled her kids and I said, "I heard Puyallup School District was the best in the state." She said, "Yeah...that's not saying much!" We never had a problem with Mt. View Elementary. We did have issues at Riverside. The kids ALL had positive and good experiences at Maplewood. I have never liked the fact that Puyallup doesn't allow the kids to celebrate any of the holidays. They cater to the 2 or 3 people out of thousands. My kids should be allowed to say the word, "Halloween" in school. They should be able to say the word, "Christmas" if they want. My kids have attended 6 different schools and I have to say Maplewood has by far been the best. That's 3 different school districts and 6 different schools. I think it depends on the leadership at the school. It really is inconsiderate of them to cancel and not give notice to anyone.

    ReplyDelete