Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Kick Start my Heart

I ran 4 miles from BSS and back this morning.  I was pretty tired from yesterdays two workouts.  It is really amazing how taking some time off can totally obliterate the fitness you had.  It is good though because I have always been one to train for a few months, get in shape, start doing intervals and long runs, race for a couple of months, and then I need to take a break.  It starts wearing on me more psychologically than physically I think.  Hopefully the timing will be good this time around for me because I'd really like to get under 10 minutes for the 2 mile again this summer.  I came really close a few years ago when I ran 10:04.  I did that pretty much all from just mileage.  I was running close to 80 miles per week with a long run of 20 miles which gave me great endurance, but I didn't have the speed because I was just getting into the speed work when track season was over.  Hopefully the timing will be better this time around.  I didn't time myself this morning, but I just went easy.  Probably 7:30 pace or so.  
On a completely different subject, I ordered a new clutch cable for my motorcycle because I broke the old one trying to tow start the bike.  I would really like to get it fixed and maybe sell it so that I can buy a road bike with an electric STARTER!!  No more kick starting.  It's usually not bad, but if I haven't started it in a while, it can be frustrating to say the least.

2 comments:

  1. For some reason I thought you already sold your motorcycle. I'll be cheering you on to break 10 in the 2 mile this year. I know you can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic Mike, glad you are getting into shape. I really would like to see you break the 10 minute barrier. You are a very knowledgable runner, so you don't need any advice from me. You already know the preparation involved, and you are well on your way. Good idea on the motorcycle.

    ReplyDelete