Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

I drove over to the trailhead again after work tonight.  I ran 4 miles and decided to push the pace a little bit to see how out of shape I am.  The results were good and bad.  The good is that I did manage to run the 4 miles in 26:47, which is a 6:42 pace.  The bad is that I was breathing pretty hard at that pace.  Another good thing is that it didn't feel fast to my legs, I was just sucking air.  More good news is that I've just started running and have absolutely no base built up yet so it's just all my natural running ability, so I have lots of room for improvement to say the least.  It felt good to push the pace a bit and get the heart and lungs going again.

3 comments:

  1. "Run Rang-ah!" That's cool that you pushed yourself a bit to see what the story is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job Mike....I thought you had a Clint Eastwood posting when I first saw the title. I can't believe you can run that pace without a base, but I guess you must come from some pretty good stock.

    ReplyDelete
  3. good job mike on running. i wish i was as motivated and dedicated as you are. we will be up shortly and we will have to go running together although i can't run a 6:45 pace. love you mike!

    ReplyDelete