Thursday, February 12, 2009

New Songs for 80's Band

I've been working on some new songs we might be adding to our setlist.  It's always fun to learn new songs on the geetar.  I have learned "1999" by Prince, "Walk this Way" by Aerosmith and Run D.M.C., "Your Love" by the Outfield, "Whip It" by Devo, "Don't Stop Believing" by Journey, and polishing up "Jump" by Van Halen.  We haven't added new songs to our set forever and that makes things boring, doing the same songs over and over again.
In other news, Dallas has been enjoying running.  He has run a mile everyday after school for the last 3 days.  Yesterday he ran a mile in 8:57!  I thought that was pretty fast for a 7 year old.  He is excited to run in the track meets this summer.  We went and bought him his first pair of running shoes last night and he is sure excited to run in them tonight!  Cody also did good yesterday in riding his bike with me for about 3 miles.

5 comments:

  1. Hey mike, do you ever play "take me home tonight" by eddie money? for your 80's songs? that song is so awesome!! i would love for you to play that one!!!i will be attending some of your concerts/gigs so you better get ready!! good job dallas for running one mile everyday!! what kind of shoes did he get?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Juliet, we have never played that song. It would be perfect for our band though. The only thing is there is a saxophone solo in there and we don't have a sax. I could probably play a ripping guitar solo in it's place though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Dallas got some nice Adidas running shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad to hear Dallas is running so well. He is going to tear them up for BSS track and field team. I'm pleased to say that I don't know any of those songs you are talking about except maybe jump. Isn't that the one you were practicing at BSS when we still lived there?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I might know those songs if I heard them. I'm sure it gets boring playing the same songs over and over. That will be good to add some new songs to the list.
    That's cool that Dallas is getting all ready for track. I'll be excited to watch the races.

    ReplyDelete