Monday, February 9, 2009

Little Runners

I told the kids that I was going running right after we closed at 5 tonight.  Dallas said he wanted to run too, so he asked if I could run with him around Bldg. C here at BSS.  Then Cody wanted to run too.  I told them a while ago about the track meets this summer and asked them if they wanted to participate on the Best Self Storage track team.  They said they did, but then they kind of forgot about it.  So we all started out around the building (me, Dallas, Cody, and even Eli).  I had to tame the pace down as Dallas started at about a 6 minute mile pace.  Eli made it halfway around the building and then went in the house.  Cody made it 1/2 mile and Dallas made the entire mile without stopping.  I didn't time him, but by my estimation it was probably about a 9 minute mile.  That is exciting.  They were all excited because I told them if they could make it 3 1/2 laps (1/2 mile) then they could be on the team.  So Cody will be our 1/2 miler, and Dallas will be our miler this summer.  I told them that if they keep working at it, they may even be able to finish the 2 mile if they want to.  And of course Eli will enjoy the 50 yard dash this year!!  Now their Daddy just needs to get in shape so he can contribute!!

5 comments:

  1. That's cool that everyone is getting all ready for the track meets. Let me know when they are so I can come and cheer everyone on!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandpa's little Track Stars in early spring training, now that's what I'm talk'n 'bout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like we're going to have a good team this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is awesome. i can't wait to have track season start! BSS is going to kick bu kick bu!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was proud to hear that Dallas hit the road again today. Looks like the Washington record books could be in jeopardy in about 11 years.

    ReplyDelete