Thursday, February 26, 2009

Another Snow

Drove over to the trailhead this morning and ran 4 miles on the trail.  I was complaining about the rain yesterday so it's only fitting that this morning I was running in snow.  Actually I would rather run in snow than rain any day.  My pace is getting a little better, I was probably around 7:30 pace this morning, but it is probably because of the 3 slices of cake that Derrinda brought me back from the baby shower she went to last night.  So I had plenty of energy reserves.  That is still a slow pace, but better than 8.  Derrinda is taking off for SoCal today.  She will be back Saturday.  It will be an interesting couple of days watching all the boys while doing everything else too.  The oldest 3 will be pretty easy, but that Brandon is quite another story.  I've been getting my afternoon runs in as well, just 4 miles, but it feels good to be getting back into it again.  There is nothing like two a days.  It reminds me of getting in shape for Track and Cross Country.  It's a good feeling.  

3 comments:

  1. Maybe you can go to the pool and get a water workout in at the same time the kids play in the pool. Richie and Chanelle could help watch Brandon. Good luck with the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to stick with it Mike. You will be hovering in the upper 5's or low 6's before you realize it. Yes, it should be an interesting weekend for all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read all your blogs of while I was gone and I think the boys were well taken care of honey. Good job honey! It's good to be back. I missed my boys:)

    ReplyDelete