Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Modest Mouse

Last night I drove Dallas and Cody over to the trailhead after work.  Dallas and I went running while Cody rode his bike.  We had a good time.  Dallas and Cody always have lots of insight to share.  There is a really big tire that has been there along the trail for years.  It probably came off of a big dump truck or some other kind of heavy equipment.  They just had to stop and play on that tire for a while.  Dallas was pretty sure it came off of a Monster Truck.  Anyway, we ended up going out a mile and back, so Dallas ran 2 miles!  We did have to stop and walk a couple of times because Dallas said his spine was crunching.  He is a character.  When I picked him up from school yesterday and we were walking home, we saw an old dog and he said "That dog is very well mannered."  I can't believe the stuff that comes out of his little kid mouth sometimes.  I ran 4 miles again this morning.  I just ran from BSS over to the trail behind Safeway and back.  It was raining pretty good this morning.  I was listening to my iPod and "3rd Planet" by Modest Mouse came on and gave me some food for thought-- "The Universe is shaped exactly like the earth, if you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were."  Think about that one for a while.

1 comment:

  1. dallas is a cute nephew! it is funny the things that he says. like you don't expect him to say that. i am proud of you for running again and dallas too. i have been slacking again. aaron ran about 4 miles this am but not me :( maybe i can run later this afternoon. i didn't know you had an ipod. cool.

    ReplyDelete