Thursday, February 5, 2009

Museum of Flight


Grandpa Stone accompanied Derrinda and the boys and I up to the Museum of Flight near Boeing Field tonight.  We all had a blast looking at all the cool aircraft, spacecraft, and learning all about the different ways that man has accomplished the wonder of flight.  It was really a great learning experience for all of us, but the kids were always saying "Whoa", "Hey look at that!" and fun things like that.  We had a great time and we were especially glad that Grandpa could come with us.  He has always liked airplanes and was pretty knowledgeable about the different engines and aircraft already.  My favorite plane there was the SR-71 Blackbird.

6 comments:

  1. I concur with my husband. It was a fun night and I'm glad the boys could have fun learning about airplanes and all with their grandpa there! Lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure that Grandpa had more fun than anybody, and I thank you Mike and Derrinda for taking along on such a marvelous evening. I will remember this night forever! The biggest enjoyment for me was spending time with all of you, and the Airplanes were just an added bonus. Thanks for the memories............

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew Dad would love that place. I'm glad your family had so much fun. Did the boys get their pictures taken in the astronaut cut-outs?
    That is a fun place and I'm glad you were all able to go and have a good evening. I've always been amazed by aircraft.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you were able to have an enjoyable evening together. Sounds like you had a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks like a lot of fun from the pictures dad sent me. that is one cool place. i can't wait to go there with everyone

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just for the record, my favorite airplane is still the P-51D, but the "Black Bird" SR-71 is a close 2nd. Thanks again Mike and Derrinda.

    ReplyDelete