Friday, February 13, 2009

Band Practice

I had band practice last night.  We ran through all the songs we had been working on.  The frustrating part is that there is no way we will be able to do "Jump" because our drummer simply can't play the solo section of the song.  We've been trying to get this song down for over a year now and he just can't do it.  It's too bad too because I worked very hard on nailing Eddie Van Halen's guitar solo, and now it is in vain.  I guess the good news is I can impress people when I go to Guitar Center to try out guitars or amps.  The Prince song should work out good, we just need to work out some of the vocal parts and I need to finish up some of the lead guitar parts, but it sounded pretty good.  "Whip It" turned out good too, it is a pretty easy song, but it should be a crowd pleaser seeing how popular it was in the early 80's.  "Walk this Way" by Aerosmith and Run D.M.C. sounded good between me and the drummer, but with Audrey and Greg doing the rapping stuff, it lacks a little bit.  And Brian needs to come up with some bass to fill it out.  The best part of the evening was being able to drive my pocket rocket there and back.  I love how responsive that car is.  Going highway speeds, if you put the accelerator pedal down, you can go from 60-100 in a matter of just a few seconds.  It really pulls.  It is super fun taking turns in it too.  The off-ramp that takes you off the 167 onto Main St. in Sumner I used to have to take it at no faster than 25 or so, but last night I took it at about 50 and it just zipped through it with ease.  Driving is very fun in that little beast.  The cool part about it is I averaged 25 miles per gallon.  I don't know of any other car that will go 0-60 in 5 seconds and can get that kind of gas mileage.

3 comments:

  1. Better be careful in that little pocket rocket of yours! When you were talking about how it handles turns, it made me flashback to when Tam and I would drive the new cars for the Chevy dealership to different locations and I was always so amazed at how those cars took the turns so smoothly. I'm so used to driving in older cars that even back in the 90's those new cars seemed to handle turns amazingly. That's probably a joke now.
    Too bad the drummer can't get that part down--maybe you can just alter the song and still do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike, please be careful in that car. 100 mph is still 100 mph, no matter what car your in.
    Good job with your band. Looks like it is time to break away and start your own band.

    ReplyDelete
  3. good job on the band mike! please be careful in your pocket rocket!

    ReplyDelete