Monday, February 23, 2009

Monday Morning Madness!

I went for a run this morning on the paved trail starting from the daffodil farm.  I only went 4 miles, but it was good to be out in the morning running again.  I was probably going close to 8 minutes per mile which is deathly slow for me, but that's what happens when you let yourself get out of shape.  I shaved all my facial hair off last night.  That was a weird thing to look at myself in the mirror after being used to seeing myself with the scruff, and seeing myself clean shaven.  I feel like a naked faced fool.  It didn't help when all my boys were running away from me because they said I looked "weird" this morning.  It is funny, because I could understand where they were coming from, me and my sisters would react the same way when my Dad would shave.  It's amazing the difference it makes.  Now I have a small understanding of how Samson must have felt when Delilah cut off his hair back in the day. 

5 comments:

  1. That's funny that the boys were all running away from you because you looked so different to them. Yes, I remember how different Dad would look when he would shave. It's like a different person. Glad you could run a few miles this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was funny when you said naked face fool because I thought you're going to say naked mole rat. I guess the experience of the Pacific science Center got to me. Anyway glad you could go run today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. good job on running today mike! i know what you mean about being scared of dad when he shaved his moustache off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I vote for the beard back Mike. You look sharp either way. Guess I just got use to you having the beard. Thanks for helping me with Lisa's project Mike. I couldn't have done it without you! I forgot how much I miss working with you. I had a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good work on your fitness program Mike. If you can be consistent with your workouts, you will be ready for "Redhead" in the spring!

    ReplyDelete