Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Tuesday Morning

I went on a 20 mile bike ride yesterday afternoon.  I rode from here (BSS) up to Orting on the trail and up to the 1 mile mark bridge on the trail.  It was a good ride and I jammed out to tunes the whole way.  It took me about an hour.  Dallas had coach pitch practice last night.  He did exceptionally well hitting the ball, hitting it into the outfield on 2 out of his 3 times at bat.  However, he does struggle with paying attention, as I had to yell at him a bunch of times for kneeling down in left field picking grass, and also watched in agony as he was playing 2nd base and the ball was hit right to him and of course it went right past him into center field because he wasn't paying attention; the center fielder threw it to him and his back was turned, he was staring at the dirt, and it rolled past him a 2nd time.  Luckily he has a good coach and the coach went and chewed him out for not paying attention.  He is a natural athlete but he really lacks focus.  Hopefully that will change as he gets older.
My ankle is still too messed up for running on, but I am really hoping to try it out next week, maybe just for a mile or two to see how it does.  I'm pretty much going to have to start over with my mileage.  Hopefully with the biking I've been doing I will hold on to a little bit of my fitness.

No comments:

Post a Comment