Sunday, June 21, 2009

My Sister Lisa

It is my sister Lisa's birthday today.  Lisa is an awesome person and someone I have always looked up to.  When I was struggling with deciding whether to serve a mission or not, Lisa and Tammy were there to help me make the right decision and through both of their examples, I decided to serve.  I remember a long time ago when I first started running, I went running with Lisa up Dry canyon in the foothills.  We were running pretty good, but I thought I could take off and leave her, and thought I would be cool if I did.  I remember pushing the pace on the way back and one thing I learned about Lisa that day is that she does not give up!  We ended up running in a dead heat to the finish.  Lisa is a great mom to her kids and they are so lucky to have her because she will always be there for them, she doesn't give up.  Lisa is a very caring person and always concerned with other people.  I'm very glad she is my sister!  Happy birthday Lisa.  I love you!

1 comment:

  1. When you mentioned the run up Dry Canyon it flashed me back just like it was yesterday. I remember that moment. I may not have been the greatest runner...but I can say I always gave it my all and ran my guts out every time. Thanks for the nice words and birthday wishes.

    ReplyDelete