Friday, June 19, 2009

Bike Ride

Swam 1/2 mile this morning and aqua jogged in the deep end for 1/2 hour. Injuries are so frustrating. Anyway, I was able to test the ankle a little bit yesterday as I went on a 15 mile bike ride. I pressed pretty hard going up to South Prairie (parked at the skate park in Orting), and even passed a couple of hard core cyclists on the way up. Neither one of them liked seeing a dude in Adidas warm-ups and a Michael Jordan shirt fly by them, but what could they do about it? Not too much. It took me 22:30 to get to the 7.5 mile turnaround point. I thought that was pretty good for a ride that is slightly uphill the entire way. I figured it to be 20 mph or 3 minute mile pace. Coming back I took it a bit easier. I rode with Dad coming back and his rear deraileur doesn't work and is stuck in low gear, so he had to pedal twice as fast as me to keep the same pace. The total ride was 50:00, so 27:30 to get back. I was thinking about how easy bicycling is compared to running. I run that same 15 miles in around 1:45 or so just running pretty easy, but that is still over twice as long and I am very much more fatigued after the run than the bike. The ankle actually felt pretty good this morning when I went over to swim, so I am hopeful that I can start running again sometime next week.

1 comment:

  1. I agree that biking is cake compared to running. For some reason this post is flashing me back to that summer you and I biked all around the streets of Orem and Provo.

    ReplyDelete