Friday, June 26, 2009

My take on Michael Jackson

The sudden death of Michael Jackson was an unfortunate event that I'm sure will come out could have been prevented if he had not been abusing prescription medications.  He is probably one of the most misunderstood people to have ever lived.  I don't think anybody was ever close to him, he was a man surrounded by people, yet he had no real friends.  He lived as an extremely lonely person.  I try my best not to judge others, but it is hard when someone chooses to live extravagantly and does things that are, quite frankly, very strange.  However, I can usually see the good in just about every person on some level.  As a musician, I can appreciate how truly gifted a talent that Michael Jackson was.  Perhaps my favorite performance is of him singing "She's out of my Life".  You can hear the tenderness, and the loneliness that he feels as his emotions come to the surface towards the end of the song.  Michael Jackson's life was a circus more often than not, but this is how I choose to remember him:


Rest in Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment