Sunday, June 7, 2009

Pre Classic

I took the opportunity to watch the annual Prefontaine Classic track meet this morning on t.v.  I am always amazed at how awesome the distance runners are.  The shape they keep themselves in is unbelievable.  I have a tiny bit of an idea how hard it is to train and put the body through pain day after day in order to perform well, but to perform at the level these athletes perform at is pretty hard to understand for most people.  I saw Bernard Legat win the 3000 meters in 7:35.  That is equivalent to about an 8:10 2 mile.  Blazing fast.  There were several other great performances as well.  
Church was funny today because last week I bleached my hair blonde, and the kids in my Primary class were freaking out.  I guess they didn't realize what a punk rocker they had for a teacher.  I think some of the adults were surprised too.  That's half the fun of doing something like that.  It's like people think just because you change your hair color that you are having issues or something.  "Oh goodness, what's going on with him, look, he bleached his hair!!"  I think it's a good test for my fellow saints to find out how judgmental they can be over something trivial.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't even know the Prefontaine Classic was on this morning. That's some fast running.
    Did your hair color keep the troubled kid shocked enough to keep him calm today? Yeah, I don't know why people are concerned with other peoples hair color. I remember Richie got similar reactions with his padowan braid and his mohawk.

    ReplyDelete