Tuesday, June 23, 2009

General blabbing (my 100th post)!

We have been having a good week at BSS this week.  We have already rented 4 units this week and it's only Tuesday, so that is a good thing.  We had an incident with some dead mice in someone's unit today, but we let them know we do all we can to prevent rodents, but there is only so much we can do because people bring them in with them and also attract them by storing things they shouldn't be storing (hello people, don't store FOOD).
I have been having fun playing my Father's day present (guitar hero Aerosmith).  It is fun to play, but it only goes to show me how obsessed our society is with instant gratification.  People don't want to take the time to learn how to properly play an instrument, but still want to feel like "rock stars".  I can tell you from experience that tearing apart a solo on an actual guitar on an actual stage with an actual audience is quite a bit more satisfying.  But I digress, it is still a fun game and I can see why the Guitar Hero chain of games is so successful.
I rode my bike to Orting after work tonight and met Dad at the skate park.  We went on a 13 mile ride together and I got an extra mile in before Dad got there, so my total riding distance was 32 miles tonight.  It feels good to ride that far but it still doesn't satisfy me like running does.
We had the missionaries over for dinner tonight.  It was good.  They had a cool lesson prepared for the boys where they used rubbing alcohol in a gatorade bottle, shook it up, and lit it on fire and sucked the egg into the bottle.  It was pretty cool.  Then Elder Potter and I chatted about running for about 45 minutes or so.  He really likes running.  I told him we were close friends with the Prefontaines and he was in disbelief.  He loves Steve Prefontaine.  
I have had a mild sore throat now for weeks, possibly even a couple of months, but this morning it was much worse, I thought maybe I was getting sick, but I think it is just allergies, because I took some medicine and the symptoms were lessened.  
My ankle is still messed up and now I'm hating it because there is another track meet tomorrow that I will not be able to participate in.  I'm not going to risk delaying healing, and causing further injury at this point, even though I really want to get some points for the team.  It's beyond frustrating to sit out during a track meet and watch, when you know you could be winning races.  The life of a distance runner is plagued with injury.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed our bike ride this afternoon Mike. Yeah, those darn injuries can sure get one down, but you are doing the right thing to maintain your fitness. That was one heck of a long ways your rode. I died after just 13. Hope to see you in the morning for swimming. Good job Mike!

    ReplyDelete