Sunday, June 21, 2009

My Dad

Happy Fathers Day to my awesome Dad today.  He has always been there for me and has taught me so many life lessons and helped to shape who I am today.  Some of my fondest memories are of spending time running in the mountains, on the roads, trails, and on the track with him.  We were quite the duo when it came to running.  We even came in together to win a race at Wheeler Farms in Salt Lake City.  He helped me to learn a lot of things from running.  I learned the value of hard work, dedication, humility, victory, camaraderie, and so many other things during these runs with my Dad.  He also has shown me how to sacrifice of himself for his family.  I watched him on a daily basis get up super early in the morning and head to the steel mill with his lunchbox in his old Chevy pickup truck, to make a living for his family and fulfill his responsibilities as a father with honor.  I am proud to say I am the son of Myron Hampton Stone!!  I love you Dad!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Father's Day to Dad! And also to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Son, I don't know where to begin, but first thanks for those kind words. I love you endless Mike, and I'm so proud of you and all of your accomplishments in life. You have a beautiful wife and family, and that's what life is all about. Hope you are able to run again soon. Don't rush that injury, as that will set you back even further.

    ReplyDelete