Saturday, June 6, 2009

Saturday Morning Run

Just got back from a 15 mile run on the Orting trail while Dad rode his bike.  I felt pretty good today but ran pretty slow.  I was just under an hour at the turn and total run was 1:55:59 (about 7:40 pace).  It is pretty gloomy looking today (overcast).  It looks like it might rain a bit.  I got a total of 51 miles this week.  That's not bad for only running once a day.  I should probably be running two-a-days to get ready for these track meets, but I've been enjoying swimming in the mornings instead of running.  I'm quite sure that I won't perform quite as well in races with this method, but I don't really care, I feel more fit overall this way.

1 comment:

  1. You're doing a great job Mike on your cross training. It is fun to go with you daily on your runs. Hope you do it for many years to come, perhaps it will add a few extra years to my life as well. Keep up the good work. I love you.

    ReplyDelete