Saturday, June 20, 2009

Being injured sucks

I had a super fun bike ride yesterday afternoon.  I was supposed to meet Dad in Orting to bike with him.  Instead of driving my car, I decided it would be fun to ride all the way there and back.  So I ended up biking about 30 miles by the time it was done.  Dad and I went 12 miles on the trail together, and I estimated the distance there to be 9 miles, it might even be a little more than that.  I'm going to clock it later when we go out to swim today.  I told Dad I would be out there to swim this morning around 6, but I couldn't get out of bed.  That ride took more out of me than I originally thought.  Total ride time was about 2 hours.  I think next time I bike that far I will take some water or gatorade with me because I couldn't get enough to drink last night after the ride.  My ankle was a bit sore this morning so I guess even bicycling was a bit much for it to handle yesterday.  I over did it a bit I guess.  Oh well, I think I will be o.k. to run a couple of miles Monday and see how it feels.

1 comment:

  1. That was one heck of a workout you did on that bike Mike, and today (Sat.) another long bike ride from Puyallup to Lake Kapowsin. Hope your ankle is feeling better. Good job on maintaining your fitness Mike. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete