Saturday, May 30, 2009

Saturday Morning Run

I ran 12 miles on the paved trail in Orting this morning while Dad rode his bike.  The weather was beautiful and it was a great run.  I felt good the entire way which is a step up from the last couple of days where I felt terrible, but nonetheless got through it.  I forgot to stop my watch until I was half way home in the car and then it was about 1:35, so I guess it was probably around 1:25 or so.  About 7:20 pace or so.  If things go well with my running through the summer, I am planning on going down to Coos Bay this September and running the Prefontaine Memorial 10k.  I ran it way back in 1995 when I lived in Coos Bay.  I was 18 then, and I hope to greatly improve on my time because I hadn't been running much at the time because I had a wicked ankle sprain that I had to take 6 weeks off for.  I only managed a 38:00 10k time then, so if I'm in shape I hope to run around 34 minutes.  These track meets will be a good start to getting back in race shape.  I don't plan on setting any PR's at this years meets, but it will be fun to get on the track again.  Hopefully I'll get under 5 in the mile and around 10:30 or so for the 2 mile.  
I've got a short gig tonight up in Seattle at Pikes Place Market.  We are only playing for 40 minutes, which is 10 songs or so.  It should be fun.  It's almost not worth traveling all the way up there to just play that much, but oh well.  I guess some family will be coming so that will be fun.

3 comments:

  1. great job today mike, with running and playing your guitar and singing your heart out. sure enjoyed watching you sing and play your guitar again. it has been awhile. i know you will be in shape for track season and ragnar relay :) anyway, great job and sure do love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great performance on the trail and at your Gig. I did shed a tear during your Gig. Just made me so proud to see you up there entertaining. I'm looking forward to your progress this summer with your running. I sure have fun tagging along with you. Keep up the good work Mike. I sure do love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would be awesome for you to be able to run in the Prefontaine Memorial 10K in September. I'd like to see that race. I'd like to run in it if I could.
    It was fun watching you perform tonight. You really do make the show. Seriously! Glad we could come and see it.

    ReplyDelete