Thursday, May 7, 2009

Weekly Update

A lot has happened since my last post.  Saturday morning I ran 13 miles on the trail while Dad rode his bike.  Later in the afternoon, I had planned a surprise birthday party for Derrinda (She is 30 now!!), so we drove out to Mom and Dad's house in Graham for the party.  Derrinda was shocked when she walked in the door and her parents, Desi, and 3 of her friends were there to surprise her.  She got showered with gifts and a lot of attention and it made for a fun day.  I'm glad that everyone was willing to help make her big day so special!!  Then on Monday it was her real birthday and Desi watched the kids for us so we could go out to celebrate our birthdays.  We went and played laser tag and played some games at the arcade, it was really fun.  After that we went out to eat at Red Robin.  We thought about seeing a movie, but it was already getting late, so we went home after that.  Then Tuesday was my birthday so we went out for another party at the Stone residence.  I got spoiled there.  I got a really cool shirt, an armored motorcycle jacket, armored gloves, and a 120GB Ipod.  I loaded every song from my collection that I wanted on there, and it amounted to a whopping 3GB, so I need to get some more music apparently.  I guess you can also put videos and pictures on there, so maybe I will do that.  Running has been going steady, but with all these birthday parties lately my diet hasn't been the greatest.  I've still been swimming every morning too which I really enjoy.  The motorcycle broke down on me again last week, Dad had to rescue me with the trailer again.  There is definitely a problem with the charging system, because I got a new battery and it was drained out after driving less than 30 miles.  I tore apart the bike and am waiting on a new stator (alternator), and regulator to get here.  I think after that I will be set (hopefully).

No comments:

Post a Comment