Saturday, May 9, 2009

Blundering Buffoon

I had an interesting morning today. Yesterday I got the alternator and regulator changed out on the PC800. I've been driving it around a lot to see if the problem is now fixed. Time will tell, I've only driven about 30 miles on it so far. Anyway, I took it out and met Dad and Aaron at the skate park in Orting. Dad put his keys in the trunk of my motorcycle, and in a massive thoughtless blunder of a moment, I put my jacket in his truck and locked the door and shut it. The problem being that my key was in the jacket. So needless to say, I managed to lock my key in Dad's truck and his keys in my trunk. Luckily we were able to find the humor in it all. I ran up to South Prairie and back while Dad and Aaron rode bikes. It was a bit chilly when we started, but the sun was out and it gradually warmed up throughout the run. It is a beautiful day. So I ran 15 miles in 1:53:00, which is quite slow for me (7:30 pace). But I am paranoid about getting injured since I've had a couple of tweaks this week, so just being careful. I called Mom with about 4 miles left to run and asked her if she could find her keys to the truck and have Juliet drive them down to us. I feel bad for stressing Mom out because we had her searching the house high and low for her truck keys that she couldn't find. Juliet was able to bring some tools to us so that I could pull the top cover off my bike to gain access to the trunk release. Then we were good to go. An adventurous morning to say the least. I got back and Derrinda had made me breakfast (pancakes and sausage). It was delicious of course, and I feel bad for Derrinda because she has come down with a nasty cold the last few days. Now I'm sitting here at BSS trying to rent the place up, but it seems like Saturdays I just end up sitting here and making sure people have somewhere to use the bathroom. That's what has happened so far today. 3 people in, and all to use the restroom. Oh well, that's the life of a self storage manager.

No comments:

Post a Comment