Saturday, May 16, 2009

A Beautiful day in the Northwest!

I met Dad and Aaron at the skate park in Orting at 6:30 this morning.  I ran to South Prairie and back.  15 miles.  The time was the same as last week (1:53:something), but I felt much worse today than last week.  Especially after I was done.  Even now I have been done running for 2 hours and I feel sick (fever, chills) but this happens to me sometimes after long runs.  I think it has to do with me being old skool and not drinking anything during the run then tanking up afterwards.  I'm confident I will feel better later, but for now, I can't really do much other than loaf around.
I went with Juliet, Aaron, Kingston, and Dad last night to look at a little 125 Yamaha dirt bike that Juliet was thinking about getting.  I got on it, started it, and took it for a little test drive.  It was a fun little bike and Juliet ended up making the purchase.  She got a great deal on it too.  It is practically brand new.  Everyone was saying that I looked like a circus clown on it though because I dwarfed it.  That was funny.  I know Juliet will have a blast on it though.  It sure looks like it is going to be another beautiful day today.  I wish Derrinda and I had taken off for our Motorcycle trip this weekend instead of next, because the weather is gorgeous this weekend, next weekend who knows?  

2 comments:

  1. thanks for your help mike, i have been going crazy on that bike already. got it into 5th gear, took it out on the highway!!! so much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, this is a great weekend to travel! I was thinking that on my drive down. Hopefully you'll have good weather for next weekend. That's crazy that Juliet has a dirt bike now. Looks like a fun one. I was thinking the same thing when I saw Aaron and Dad on the bike. It looks little--seems to be perfect for Juliet though.

    ReplyDelete