Wednesday, May 27, 2009

And we're back!

I had a great time on my trip along the Oregon Coast with Derrinda. I drove the motorcycle down to Salem while Derrinda drove the van with the kids. Mom and Dad Cooper watched the boys for us for a few days and we took off on the bike early Friday morning and had a fun trip. For pictures of the trip, go to Derrinda's blog, she has some slide shows on there. The bike ran great and got over 50 mpg the majority of the way. We had good weather and saw and did lots of fun things. Now it's back to the grind here at BSS. I went through and replaced burned out lights today. I need to buy another box though, we ran out with one stretch of hallway left in upper D bldg. Dallas, Cody and Elijah were big helps doing the lights. Dallas carried the box of new lights, Cody carried the box with burned out lights, and Elijah opened doors for us and pushed the elevator button and things like that. We had fun working together. I need to step up my work out regimen, or at least up the intensity of my runs a bit. Track meets are coming up in just a few weeks. I've got a gig this Saturday at 5 o'clock at Pike Place market. It is a really short set. We are only playing about 10 songs. Hopefully the weather will work out for it. It is getting into that time of year where we play a handful of festival shows. Things are going good.

1 comment:

  1. Glad that you and Derrinda had a good time, and got home safe. We enjoyed looking at Rinda's blog to follow your trip. That is a great bike you have. Your running is coming along great Mike. I enjoy going with you on your workouts.

    ReplyDelete