Thursday, May 14, 2009

My Dad is 63!!


Happy 63rd Birthday to my Dad who I love very much! I have learned so many life lessons by watching him live his life. I have been with him when people's cars were broke down and it was bitter cold outside. Dad would always stop and see if there was any way he could help. I have been with him on intense workouts where we pushed each other to our bodies limits (mine anyway), and I am proud to say that we have even crossed the finish line together in first place at a road race. We defeated every runner in the field, including some runners from my Dad's Alma Mater BYU!! I went out too fast and Dad hung back a little. I finally made it to the front of the pack and started to pull away from all the runners except for this speedy little guy in his 50's who caught up to me and helped me through the pain (I was hurting from going out too fast) and on to victory! My Dad has been an inspiration to me and everyone I know. His dedication to caring for my sister Tammy after her automobile accident is unwavering. Happy Birthday Dad!! I know the screen is looking blurry to you at this point, but you are indeed my hero and I love you!! As a side note, Dallas was arguing with Cody this morning about how he could beat Grandpa Stone in a race. I have much experience in attempting this, so I had to correct Dallas and tell him that he should not underestimate the speed and competitiveness of Grandpa Stone!!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Mike for those kind words, and birthday wishes. Boy, you sure brought back some fond memories of all the fun I had with you kids growing up, but come on Mike, I know you could have gone off and left me in the dust, you were just feeling sorry for your poor old Dad who was sucking air in search of some oxygen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny that Cody and Dallas were talking about how to beat Grandpa in a race. Maybe they can have him pace them on their first 10K when they are 13 and see how it goes. =)

    ReplyDelete