Thursday, April 2, 2009

Fire in the Sky

Well yesterday I met Dad as usual at the trail head in Orting. We went 8 miles on the trail. Dad took his mountain bike across the street from where the trail head is to the bike shop to get his deraileur fixed. The guy put some air in his tires too. Well on the way back with about 2 miles to go, I heard something coming from his rear wheel. I told him to stop and I noticed a gash in the sidewall of his rear tire. It appears the guy put a little too much air in there. He left me in the dust to try and make it as far as he could before it was unrideable, which was about 1/2 mile. So he still had 1.5 to go without a bike. I told him to give me the keys to the van and I would come back and pick him up. I covered my last mile in 6:30 and hopped in the van and picked him up about 1/2 mile from the finish. He ran with his bike most of the way I think. So that was somewhat of an adventure. I then hopped on my motorcycle and had a rainy ride home.
Today I cleaned out the last junk from the auction that the lady (who will not be invited back) dumped on us. The dumpster is already 3/4 full and it was just emptied this morning. Lovely. There is always something here at BSS to keep busy with. I had a good swim this morning. I did the usual 1/2 mile.
I have band practice tonight up in Lynnwood at 7, so I think I will get my run done earlier so I can make it on time. I need to quickly brush up on the songs we've been working on too.
I read all about Travis Walton and his controversial UFO abduction from Snowflake AZ back in the 70's. I just happened to read about a UFO hoax that a couple of kids pulled off earlier this year and it got me thinking about the movie "Fire in the Sky" that I saw back in the early 90's. I remember seeing it at Movies 8 back in the day with Jason and becoming fascinated with the thought of extraterrestrial life forms and UFO's. It was interesting to read some of the facts about the case. The crazy thing about it is that to this day, all 6 men who were involved have stuck to their story and say it is true, passed several lie detector tests and what not. Pretty interesting stuff. O.K., enough for now.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting post today Michael. I didn't know what happened to dad yesterday with his bike. I've never been into UFOs or anything like that. But I happened to read about a hoax yesterday on the Internet that happened in New Jersey recently. The people tied flares to big balloons. A lot of people including UFO experts believed it was real. Crazy.

    ReplyDelete