Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Paint Project

The CBR painting I've been doing has been pretty good, but I did run into a problem when I tried to touch up a spot that had barely sanded through. Somehow the paint reacted with the clear coat and it wasn't pretty. Soon all my beautiful paint had crevices and valleys throughout. Time to strip down and start again. Not cool. But I did completely finish one fairing panel, and am on course to have this panel finished by the weekend hopefully.
The running has continued to go well. I ran 8 miles last night while Juliet and Dad rode their bikes. We went on the dirt trail that starts by Ptarmigan in Orting and up to the lumber mill and back. It took about 55 minutes. I ran the last mile or so pretty fast. I probably finished the last 1/2 in under 3 minutes, so that was good because it didn't feel that fast, I felt pretty relaxed and controlled.
I will post some pics of my project later. The bad thing is I forgot to get before pics!! Oh well.

2 comments:

  1. A panel of the bodywork (fairing) of my yellow motorcycle. There was a crack in it that I repaired, and in doing so had to repaint it. The auto body supply shop wanted $200 to match the paint, so I got creative and added a little area of white to match the back of the bike. I can't tell a difference in the white coloring, even if there is a difference, it isn't conspicuous because it isn't right next to it. It's turning out pretty good.

    ReplyDelete