Saturday, April 25, 2009

The Stone life is a good life!

Had a good start to the weekend by running 10 miles this morning while Dad rode his bike along the river trail (dirt). I went easy today after the hard run yesterday. It's always harder for me to get going in the mornings anyway.
I've got a show at the Shark Club in Kirkland tonight. The Shark is usually a good crowd. But I'm worried about the turnout tonight because we have been having issues with our emailing. We have over 600 people on our mailing list, and apparently there have been some changes in the way large emails can be sent because of stricter spam laws, so we haven't been able to notify any of our fans when we are playing, so I fear tonight will be a disaster of major proportions. I guess we will see.
BSS has been a bit slow lately as well. I think the down turned economy has affected us here as well as everybody else. I am sitting here at the desk now though as I type this, waiting to rent the facility up!
We went out to Joe's Sporting Goods last night. They are going out of business so everything is a bargain. I picked up a couple of decals for my CBR. I will take some pictures and post later. I think they look pretty cool on there.
Things are going pretty good right now for us. Derrinda made a really cool scarecrow cake yesterday for the Seattle Children's Hospital auction. She stays plenty busy with things like that and watching our 4 rambunctious boys throughout the day. Dallas is doing good in school, but he handed me a note yesterday and said I needed to sign it. It said that he left to go to music class in the middle of class and interrupted the teacher or something like that. I think he may have inherited my need for independence and lack of respect for authority figures. I just hope it doesn't get him into trouble like it has me. Cody is learning how to write his name and is very proud. Elijah is always a bundle of smiles and laughs. He lightens the mood a lot around here. And little Brandon is always into some mischief. He is starting to develop a cute personality.

2 comments:

  1. I hope things pick up for you at BSS. Sounds like everybody is staying very busy. I'm glad you can enjoy some quality time with dad on your runs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it's funny because just after I posted the blog, some guy came in and I hooked him on a 10x25, so that is good!

    ReplyDelete