Friday, April 24, 2009

Starting to get fit!

I just got back from a really good run.  It was one of those days where you just feel great the entire time.  I started at the skate park and ran up 4 miles and back while Dad, Aaron, Richie and Chanelle rode their bikes.  I felt good pretty much from the start and made it to the 4 mile turnaround in 27:12 (6:48 pace), I came back even faster and finished the run in 52:31, so that is 25:19 for the last 4 miles (6:20 pace).  So the average pace for the 8 miles was 6:33, which makes me happy because I didn't think I was in that good of shape yet.  I might run well this summer if I can keep up the training without getting injured or sick.  
I also finished the painting on the CBR today and drove it there for the run.  It was a BLAST riding that beast!  The acceleration is amazing; almost scary even.  But that's what makes it so exhilarating.  

4 comments:

  1. You better not get a ticket young man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a beautiful day for a run/walk/stroll on the trail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are kickin' some serious butt or as the Stones say it, "can"! Do you have a specific race you're training for?

    ReplyDelete