Sunday, April 26, 2009

Saturday Night Madness

Well last night was one of the strangest shows I've ever played.  When we first got there and were setting up, the place was already packed; somebody was having a big birthday party bash.  I thought maybe I was wrong about thinking it was going to be a terrible night.  Then after sound check, tuning up, and changing into gig clothes, we started the first set to about 30 people in the entire place, and only about 3 people that were getting up and dancing.  After the first set, we were even saying how we probably wouldn't be invited back.  Then we started the second set and apparently someone opened the flood gates because out of no where the place was packed and everybody was dancing.  It carried like that throughout the rest of the night.  So that was good.  It sure makes for a late night though.  At least Derrinda was able to come with me, so that is always fun.  We sit there and make fun of all the weird people, and believe me there were some really strange ones last night.  Highlight of the evening:  On the drive up there was this punk kid that got right on my bumper.  He was driving a late 90's Infinity.  Apparently he thought his car was really fast.  We were in the carpool lane doing about 70.  He finally got annoyed enough to swing out a couple of lanes to the right and try to pass everybody.  I let him go, but then I started thinking about him thinking his car was fast and decided to teach him a lesson.  So I accelerated slightly and got behind him.  He tried going faster when he saw me coming up; finally I saw my opening in traffic and Derrinda and I blew by him like he was standing still.  I could see him in the rearview trying in vain to keep up.   Then the real fun began.  I slowed back down and let him get right on my bumper.  I guess some people can't learn too well.  I waited for him to try to pass on the right, and as soon as he would swing over to pass me, I would take off and leave him.  I was laughing my head off.  This happened one more time, and then I decided I had enough fun and had defeated him a sufficient amount of times.  Of course when he exited the freeway he had to speed off on it.  I don't know what people think they are proving after they get beat like that when they speed away down the off ramp.  I think Derrinda thinks I'm crazy because I always have such a blast putting the smack down on punks who think their cars are fast.  It's only fun because they are always trying to race you in these cars that aren't even in the MazdaSpeed's league.  If it was a Corvette or something that would be one thing, but an Infinity?  Try to be serious... good times.

2 comments:

  1. Good Job on your gig Mike. Wish I could go see one . Please don't race cars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good job mike on playing the shark. you are the best musician i know. i get scared when you tell me you are racing. please be careful. i love your new cbr bike too!

    ReplyDelete