Saturday, April 18, 2009

Beautiful day in the Northwest

Met Dad and Aaron at the park in Orting at 6:30.  I ran 12 miles on the paved trail while they rode bikes.  It was fun.  I can't think of a better way to start the weekend.  I felt pretty good this morning.  I drove the Speed3 and had a fun drive coming back.  I went to pass some slow poke that was doing about 10 mph under the speed limit and the Mazda was accelerating so fast that I was squirming all over the road.  It was exhilarating.  Super fun to drive, especially on windy roads.  Anyway the run took me about an hour and a half.  I went nice and slow today.  That is about 7:30 pace or so.  It looks like it will be a beautiful spring day here in the Northwest.  Maybe I will get my project started for adding some color to my bike.  I'll post some pics later when it is finished.  Don't hold your breath though, it could be a week or so.

2 comments:

  1. Super nice sunny day! Glad you were all able to have some fun this morning on the trail.
    That's a fast pace for 12 miles. I don't even think I could run that pace for 400. =(
    Enjoy the sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you Mike! I didn't know you had a blog. That is a great pace. Way to inspire me. This new town I'm living in has completely slowed me down.

    ReplyDelete