Wednesday, August 5, 2009

My Update

It has been a while since my last post.  Not much has been going on.  I've had a bunch of gigs, busted up my ribs by crashing Aaron's dirt bike at Mom and Dad's in some loose dirt, and started running again this week.  My ribs are still hurting, and even though I had x-rays and the Dr. said everything looks good, it doesn't feel that way.  There is a big bump on the rib like it broke and is healing, and my chest pops now.  I guess it could just be muscle damage or something, but that bump on my rib is super hard like bone, so who knows.  The swelling has gone down a lot and thats when I noticed the bump.  My ankle injury is finally healed too.  I can now run on it with little pain, but it is annoying now because the tendon pops over the ankle bone now every time I roll it around (or run) which causes some pain, but not enough to keep me from running, thankfully.  I have been meeting Juliet at Mama Stortinis by her apartment and we've gone 4 miles on the trail every day this week at 7 am.  It is cool to run with Juliet again.  We always have fun, even though we are both out of shape right now.  I know we won't be for long, we have running in our blood and good genetics for it.  I've been trying to find a class at a local community college for engine rebuilding, but I can't find one.  I want to try and rebuild my Nova's engine by myself.  I am still kicking around the idea of just getting a 327 or 350 and throwing it in there, but that's what everybody does with their Novas.  So I think it would be kind of cool to keep the inline 6 and maybe convert it to fuel injection.  I'm also kicking around the idea of supercharging or turbocharging it.  That gets pretty expensive though.  It might be a good idea to upgrade to disc brakes with power boost also with that kind of power.  It would be freakin' sweet though to take it out on the road and blow people away with a stock looking 4 door sedan '69 Nova!!  Especially if they were to find out it's only a 6!!  I really like things that go fast!

2 comments:

  1. You might want to get a second check of the ribs, especially if there's a bump that shouldn't be there.
    It's cool that you and Juliet are running the trail together. I bet it's fun.
    Did you check Bates for a class? You probably did. That's the only place I can think of that has mechanical type classes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Chevy Nova rules supreme!

    ReplyDelete