Friday, August 14, 2009

1969 Chevy Nova Restoration


Here are a few pics of the beginning of the restoration of my Nova.  I bought this car in 1993 before I even got my license.  It served me well in my youth, but it is in need of some freshening up.  The plan for now is to get a sweet paint job on it and throw in a high performance Chevy small block.  It already has the coveted Turbohydramatic 350 transmission, which is a perfect mate for a high horsepower V8 engine.  For those of you who get queasy easily, these pictures are not for the faint of heart.  It can be hard to see a beloved vehicle in this condition, but just keep in mind how awesome it will look (and sound) when it is done.  Also, Derrinda was formally accepted into BYU yesterday, to finish her Bachelors degree in Business Management, so that was exciting.  I'm proud of her.











1 comment:

  1. Oh dear! Poor Nova. You definitely have that thing torn apart more than I had imagined it. I'm sure it will look great when it's finished.

    Hooray for Derrinda! I'm glad she finally heard back and will be able to start her classes. It's interesting that Derrinda is finishing her schooling from the university located where I grew up and I'm finishing my schooling from a university where she grew up. Sorry if that doesn't make sense. I went to bed at midnight and got up at 4:30 a.m.

    All I can say is, "Rise and shout the Cougars are out..." =)

    ReplyDelete