Saturday, May 15, 2010

Beautiful Sunny Day in May!

I started off the day by taking off from BSS and running almost to the bridge before getting into Orting and back. I think it was somewhere between 10 and 11 miles. I felt pretty good at first but by the end my resources were gone. I really should have had some Gatorade and a banana before going, I would have had much more energy towards the end of the run, but oh well. It looks like it will be another gorgeous spring day here in the Northwest. I am working the desk at BSS right now. I showed a couple of units this morning and when Derrinda gets back from taking the deposit I am going to fertilize all the lawns with Scotts plus 2. That is some good stuff man. It will be a good opportunity to utilize some little helpers too. I will have them hold a stick at each end of the lawn so I know where I have fertilized. It's not really necessary, but it gives them something to do and gives them a sense of accomplishment. We had a good time celebrating Dad's 64th birthday last night. It's always nice to get together as family and spend time together. Juliet and Tam worked hard making soap yesterday getting ready for the farmers market here in Puyallup this summer (they are selling soap there). The soap looks very professional and I hope they have a successful business venture!

1 comment:

  1. Good work at BSS Mike, and very wise to teach the boys how to work. you are a very good father, and it shows with your well behaved children. They learn so much at that age. Nice of you and Derrinda to have Kingston over to play with the cousins this evening. Pretty far run this morning Mike. I know what you mean about running that far without Hydration or having enough fuel to burn over the long distance. I had a great birthday, thank you all. Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete