Saturday, December 12, 2009

Happy Holidays!

Ran a chilly 8 miles with Juliet this morning. It was fun. I love being able to run. I have learned from others that running will not last forever, so I am thankful to be able to do it while I can. The main problem I have is that I also love to eat. So even though I haven't been gaining weight, I also haven't been able to get down to where I like myself to be because I ruin all my running by scarfing down too much food. The holiday season makes it hard also because part of the fun of the holidays for me is drinking hot cocoa and eating cookies and other goodies. But anyway, Juliet and I have been very consistent since August, so we are doing really good with that. But until I decide to get serious and take it to the competitive level, I don't think I will improve much. Winter running is all about keeping the base mileage up though, so that come early spring you can hit the track and start getting the lungs and legs ready to push it.
I'm already missing college football games. I'm so used to the Thursday night game on ESPN and then spending most the day Saturday watching games. Oh well, I guess I need to get out and do other things besides watch college football anyways.
Derrinda opened up the office this morning, even though she is feeling a bit under the weather, and she rented a unit so that is good. Now I'm down here and it's kind of dead, but I've had some calls and a couple of payments already.
I've got another gig tonight for yet another Microsoft holiday party...those Microsoft geeks just can't get enough of us for some weird unknown reason. This will be the 3rd straight year that we've played this divisions holiday party at the Museum of Flight; it's always a fun show because I am staring straight at an SR-71 Blackbird the whole time (my favorite aircraft ever).
So I've been staying busy, which is good because I think if I wasn't busy I would go mentally insane.

1 comment:

  1. Microsoft sure does love the band. It seems you've been playing those gigs forever. I guess that's good. It would be cool to play at the Museum of Flight...getting to enjoy the sights of the museum while entertaining the others.
    I hope Derrinda gets feeling better.
    I hope you can run forever. I wish I could.
    I am hoping you and Juliet will jump in some races in 2010, so we can come and cheer!

    ReplyDelete