Monday, March 8, 2010

Chilly Afternoon Run

It was pretty cold today. I wore my sweatshirt pretty much all day. We got a lot accomplished at BSS today. I busted up an entertainment center that someone left in their unit when they moved out, and I also took the rug that sits in the office by the couches out and shampooed it, scrubbed it with a brush, and then pressure washed it. It's still hanging on the fence drying.

I ran 6 miles with Juliet this morning. It's always fun running with her. I ran again by myself this afternoon. I ran another 6 miles and pushed it a little bit, but not too much because I usually only go 4 in the afternoons. I was 20:27 at the turn and finished the 6 miles in 39:40. It works out to be an average of about 6:37 per mile. Pretty good run, I felt good the whole way. It was quite cold and I was wishing I had remembered my gloves, and it started raining lightly just as I was finishing, but it was a really good run. My fitness is coming along as I continue with my base mileage and I am looking forward to starting track workouts in another month or two so that I can be somewhat prepared for the track meets. I just hope that I can stay healthy.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are getting some good runs in. I hope you will stay healthy and be able to run in the meets this year. That will be fun to watch.
    Yes, it was cold today. We actually got some snow and hail up here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mike, that is pretty darn awesome to be at the point where you are before April. Should get some good results this year at the all comer meets. Perhaps we need to set about 14 posts before you jump into the 2 Mile, that is when you seem to run your best, after a hard day of laboring on building fence. Keep up the good work Mike. Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete