Thursday, April 22, 2010

Ripped off in the record books!

I was just browsing the internet and came across an article about the 1994 Mountain View Boys Cross Country team's finish at the Foot Locker Western Regional. I'm not surprised because as everyone knows, the "Coach" (and I use that term very loosely here) hated my guts because I didn't suck up to him like the rest of the leeches on the team. Anyway here is a link to the article:
http://ut.milesplit.us/pages/All-timexcteams . Scroll down and read the bit about Mountain View and Bingham: the Greatest. It says how the 1994 Mountain View's boys team performance at the 1994 Foot Locker Western Regional Cross Country Championships is one of the best of all time. That is fine. But here is my gripe: It says Dula led the team in 15:12, Zak in 15:14, then Wade Allen in 16:09, Ryan Andrus in 16:10, and it has the 5th scoring runner on the team listed as Andy Farrer in 16:16. The problem is that I ran 16:11, thus I was the 5th and final scoring runner on the team. Only by 5 seconds, but still, I should have my name on that list of one of the best teams of all time, not Andy Farrer. I know it is probably because Houle the fool didn't claim me as a member of the team. Another interesting tidbit about this race is that I, along with Dula and Zak, were the only 3 runners from Mt. View in the Seeded boys race. The others were in Senior and Junior unseeded races. It makes a big difference. It ticks me off, but I'm not surprised. That guy screwed me out of a lot during my High School running career.
In better news, I ran a 5:30 mile last night and almost killed over running 7 miles with Trevor this morning. The mile time is slow, but it is encouraging because I am starting to get more fit.

4 comments:

  1. Yeah, it really is unfortunate that we had such a shady "coach" during our high school years. He always had his favorites who sucked up to him and played his games. None of "his" runners ever went on to do anything. He just shipped them all to Southern Utah as hand-me-downs to his brother.

    I always remember when Juliet won the state meet, he told her "I can make you or break you. I can tell those college coaches anything I want. I can tell them you're not a team player and you won't be going anywhere..." I will never forget his power hungry, cocky attitude and threats. How many coaches get ticked off that one of the runners on their team wins state? He knew he had NOTHING to do with her winning, she did it despite him. So, he was ticked. Seems like he took it out on you. He had assistant coaches taunting you in the middle of races. Coaches are supposed to help, encourage and be happy when the members of their team do well. Mt. View was the biggest joke ever! Really. It was pathetic.
    It's too bad he messed up opportunities for you in high school and even college because of his power trip. Very unfortunate.

    It came as no surprise to me that his days at Mt.View came to an end under scandal. No surprise at all. The only thing I was surprised about was that it didn't happen YEARS earlier.

    You are awesome. You have done great with your running, despite having Houle mess with you throughout high school.

    Cool that you ran with Trevor. I can't wait to see you and Juliet in some races soon. That will be sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always great when your comments are longer than the original post. :)

    Well, a person get's fired up when thinking about the injustices of Houle the Fool who thinks he's cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto what Lisa said! I love the fact that I beat his precious pet at the State meet and nobody can take that away from me, unfortunately, Stupid Houle took it out on you I believe. Mike, you are a dang good runner and don't let some stupid High school posting or want to be coach take that away from you. You know it and I know it ( Augustus voice :)Can't wait for our race in a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a terrible injustice Mike. We all know what kind of a person Houle is, and believe me, he will be held responsible in time. He was a very weak person, that never accomplished anything worth mentioning with his running career, so if he can bring others down, perhaps it makes him feel like he was a better runner than he actually was. He found out that he couldn't run on the track, and he couldn't out run the law, so he is a true failure in both of those catagories. What goes around, comes around. You are still an excellent runner in my eyes Mike. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete