Friday, November 9, 2012

Sonography, Running, and Geetar!!

Much has happened since my last post.  I was accepted into the Diagnostic Medical Sonography program at Tacoma Community College and have been working my tail off since starting the program 7 weeks ago.  I am already past mid-terms though and am getting good grades.  Today was fun because I was able to bring in my sister Tammy and my Mom and they were good sports and let me scan them.  I felt bad because it took me FOREVER to scan Tammy -- 2 hours to be exact.  I got some good practice though and was able to get a good look at the Aorta, Inferior Vena Cava, Liver, Gallbladder (or fossa in Mom's case since hers was removed a long time ago), Main Portal Vein, Common Bile Duct, Pancreas, Kidneys, and Spleen on both of them (Mom's scan only took me an hour compared with Tam's marathon session).  The good news is that everything looked awesome on both of them!  No pathologies to report.  That is my official amateur Sonographer's report on their abdominal scans!  Other than that I have been trying to keep up with my running.  I've been running about 50 miles per week and have been enjoying some racing.  I'm blessed to have my good friend Trevor live so close by so that we can go running together.  That has been a good motivator for the both of us!  Anyway, studying has pretty much taken over my life.  We also finished the guitar we started working on way back in May of this year (Dallas and I).  I will include a few pictures of it in this blog post.  Dallas designed the guitar, applied the tape scheme, and picked out the colors all by himself.  He also did most of the sanding and prep work without my help.  I'd say it turned out nicely.  I may also include an image or two from my scan session with Derrinda from a couple of weeks ago.  I was on a machine where I could save my images to a thumb drive then.  Thanks again to Tam and Mom for being my guinea pigs today!  Thanks to Dad for your patience today too!





2 comments:

  1. Awesome job on all accounts Mike!!!
    That is a very interesting career you have chosen.
    Love,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for letting us get scanned. It was fun. The guitar turned out great.

    ReplyDelete