Friday, October 16, 2009

Hoaxville

I can't believe I was totally enthralled with that UFO looking balloon footage yesterday when it was just a big hoax by the parents. On Larry King last night they asked the kid, Falcon, if he heard his parents calling for him in the house, and he said "yes". When they asked him why he didn't answer them he said "because you said...because of the show..." . Awful fishy. And now there is video footage of the balloon getting launched by the kid's Dad and his wife. I wonder how long they will continue to deny it? They should be responsible for the costs involved in the rescue efforts of trying to rescue the kid from their balloon when they knew dang well he wasn't in there. People are crazy.
In other news, I am finally starting to notice a difference with my running. It is getting easier every day and my clothes are starting to fit good again. I am not even tempted to eat junk any more. It just looks gross to me now, and when I do eat something unhealthy it makes me sick to my stomach. It's funny how that happens as your body transforms and you start to get tough. If only a runner could stay healthy forever and not have to go through the stages every runner goes through of getting super fit, getting injured, losing muscle mass and cardiovascular fitness, gaining weight, and then starting over again.
We had band practice last night. It was only Me, Greg(rhythm gtr.), Jesse(keys), and Peter(drums). It was good though, we ran through the 2 new songs--"Photograph" by Def Leppard, and "Here I go Again" by Whitesnake. They went good. We also ran through "Jump" by Van Halen and by golly I think Peter finally has it down. We went through it successfully about a dozen times (just the solo part, not the entire song). We worked on the beginning of "Walk this Way" by Run D.M.C. and Aerosmith and it will be a fun one when we get the vocals worked out.
I haven't been blogging much lately, I've been getting kind of bored with it. I guess that's why I have never been very good at keeping a journal either. Later.

2 comments:

  1. I saw the footage this morning of the husband and wife launching the balloon...It was a small balloon (compared to most hot air balloons) and there was clearly no kid in sight when it launched. Well, if they were looking for publicity, they got it.

    I am getting closer to the 5 a.m. Albertsons days. Glad you are there!!! It's a great place to be.

    Looking forward to hearing some of the new songs. I couldn't even get through the original version of that photograph song. I'm pretty sure it will be more tolerable when you sing it. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your blog, keep it up aight? I also am not craving junk food anymore. it is awesome! and yes, people are crazy!

    ReplyDelete